Friday, March 29, 2024

House District 129 Newsletter


It's been a busy start to 2024. I have been speaking at and attending many events across District 129. After spending most of last year in regular and special legislative sessions, I have enjoyed seeing so many of my constituents and speaking with them about the issues they feel are important.


As we continue to the summer, I look forward to receiving interim charges so that we can begin working on legislation for the upcoming 89th legislature, which starts in January 2025.


As always, if I can assist in any way, please do not hesitate to contact my office. My contact information is at the bottom of this newsletter.


May you all have a blessed Easter weekend,

I would like to wish everyone a blessed Easter weekend as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Around the District

It was an honor to welcome Governor Greg Abbott to House District 136 as he announced his inaugural appointments to the Texas Space Commission.


This Space Commission, formed by the 88th Texas Legislature will strive to keep Texas the #1 state for Space!

I had the pleasure of attending the Ribbon cutting for Seabrook's new Wastewater Treatment Facility. I was happy to help Seabrook procure funding for this project from FEMA.

I updated the Seabrook Rotary on the previous legislative session. Please contact my office if you would like me to speak to your organization.

I was honored to present a resolution and Texas Flag flown over the Capitol to Houston Area Engineer of the Year Melvin Spinks.

Eliza and I enjoyed celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Pasadena Rodeo at their annual Gala.

Dr. Bonnen and I gave the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce a Legislative update at South Shore Harbor.

Eliza and I had a blast the BAHEP's Quasar Gala

I was honored to attend the Ken Clark Memorial Highway sign unveiling. Ken, the longtime Galveston County Commissioner, was a dear friend who recently passed away.

I joined Senator Mayes Middleton in speaking to the Bay Area Republican Women. We gave them an update on the past sessions and what to expect going forward.

I had the honor of taking several of my constituents on a tour of the Texas Capitol.

Eliza and I celebrated Chinese New Year with the local community here in Clear Lake City

How to Track Legislation


Ever wonder how the laws that impact your everyday life originate? While this graphic provides you with a simplified overview, You can walk through the entire legislative process by reading this blog post from the Texas House Republican aucus on how a bill becomes a law in Texas. From a bill being introduced to it becoming law or vetoed, there are many steps ahead for the many bills that have been filed.

 


Keep In Touch

It is important for me as your State Representative to hear from you on the issues that matter. I hope you find this contact information useful.
Capitol Office

(512) 463-0734

1100 Congress Avenue
Suite GN.10
Austin, TX 78701

Post Office Box 2910
Austin, TX 78768
District Office

(281) 488-8900

17225 El Camino Real
Suite 415
Houston, TX 77058
Facebook  Twitter  

No comments: